header image

Week 3- Thursday

Posted by: Yocheved | July 21, 2011 | No Comment |

Class with Martin in the morning– worked on our O’Casey scenes and then performed them.  I did a good job; I prefer comedy to snot and tears, probably because I’m better at it.  Then we worked on Riders, and Martin was pleased with my performance.  Then Playboy— I enjoy that scene a lot, but the other girls are struggling with the lines (the language is hard and it’s not Diana’s first language), so we probably won’t be doing it in the final showcase.

No break for lunch (but I had brought a yoghurt with me)– we went straight to the Glasnevin Cemetery and museum.  The tour was really interesting: we saw the graves of Michael Collins, Daniel O’Connell, Eamon de Valera, Countess Markievicz, and Brendan Behan, to name a few.  Unfortunately, the weather was rainy and cold, so I didn’t enjoy as much as I otherwise would have.  The weather has been pretty miserable all week.  The indoor museum was also very good.

Then back to the hostel to eat before we went to see The End of the Road, meeting at Project Arts Centre.  It was site-specific theatre that took you through the life of a man Bill, as he led you around the Temple Bar area.  It was very good.

But again, I’ll fill you in on the details from Tuesday to today another time.  I just wanted to get the bare bones down before I go to bed tonight.  Goodnight!

under: Week 3

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories